Follow me on a culinary adventure. The only rules...the recipe in question must contain alcohol, bacon or both. Hang on for a wild ride!

Friday, December 24, 2010

Beginning of the Booze and Bacon culinary adventure!

I love bacon! My love of bacon is well known and I'm always on the lookout for unique recipes with bacon as an ingredient. I'm also intrigued with the idea of cooking and baking with alcohol. Since I needed an excuse to make these experimental recipes, I decided to start a blog to write about my experiences in the booze and bacon culinary world.

A little about me. First, I'm trying to lose weight. I know, why would someone trying to lose weight be baking and cooking with booze and bacon? There is no logical answer to that, but it does mean that the adventure may be a slow one as obviously to maintain my girlish figure (or try to recapture it) I can't be eating rich food all of the time. But nothing says I can't make it and give it away either. However often this is updated, I hope you find it fun!

Second, I'm a recipe modifier. Basically, I don't stay within the lines very well. I'm a rebel at heart. Although I am a cautious rebel and will usually follow a recipe to the letter...the 1st time. After that, all bets are off. :o) I will post the link to the recipe I'm trying and I'll also post how I modified it to appease my rebellious nature.

I would love ideas for recipes to try. The only rule is it must contain alcohol or bacon (or both) as an ingredient! So bring on those recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment