Follow me on a culinary adventure. The only rules...the recipe in question must contain alcohol, bacon or both. Hang on for a wild ride!

Friday, December 24, 2010

Boozy Brownies


This one was fun! Right away I started with a modification. The Boozy Brownie recipe called for a box brownie mix or your favorite brownie recipe. I opted for the favorite brownie recipe so in this post you're getting 2 recipes!

First you need to make the brownies: Double Deluxe All American Brownies

Yep, you guessed it, I've modified it. Here's my changes to this tasty recipe:
1) I use whole wheat flour instead of white flour.
2) Instead of 1 1/2c semi-sweet chocolate chips, I pour a whole bag of Hershey's Dark Chocolate chips in.
3) I omit the nuts.

*P.S. As a side note, this recipe also makes a yummy habanero brownie that is promptly eaten every time I make it. Just substitute habanero sauce for the vanilla. But that substitution is not in this recipe so now I've made it 3 recipes in one blog! :o)

The Boozy Part: Boozy Brownies
Now that we've made our favorite brownie recipe, it's time to move on to adding the alcohol.

Modifications:
1) I didn't measure the Bourbon. I poured 2 small bottles (the tiny ones that are like $1.75 or so...airplane bottles) of Jim Beam Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey over my brownies.
2) Not really a modification, but I used Kraken Black Spiced Rum (my personal favorite) in the butter cream frosting.
3) For the chocolate topping I used 2 TBSP butter instead of shortening and used 1 cup of dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet. This did not lend itself to drizzling and so ended up being more of another frosting, basically turning my rum butter cream frosting into my chocolate rum butter cream frosting, but no one cared. :o)

Final product: YUMMY! It's extremely sweet, but oh so tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment